Monday 5 February 2018

Apologies, Foamiran Flowers...let's have a go!

Hello friends

Firstly apologies ....
if you tried to purchase the charity kit yesterday.
By lunchtime we realised the website was saying £5 min order.
Panic ensued! Oh no, my crafty folk are going to think I'm making
them spend more on the website!! 
I'm pleased to say Elliott worked on the website and altered this
so it is now possible to purchase the kit £4.50, free postage.
Seriously, this techy stuff will be the death of me! 

Now back to calm crafting stuff...

Following on from Friday Die Day featuring Cinch and Go Flowers III,
I thought I would show you how this die works with 
Foamiran.
Firstly have you heard of Foamiran?
If not, I'll do my best to explain... it feels like a mix of paper and fun foam
but much thinner.  It can be cut with scissors, dies and punches.
It can then be heated using a heat gun or an iron.
Here's a You Tube video that I found that shows great detail.
(She uses way more stamens than me!) 


I purchased a small supply of Foamiron through Amazon 
just to experiment with and it was fun! 

It die cuts perfectly and comes in a variety of colours.
I chose white because I wanted to add distress inks.
You can also use pens, inks etc.
It is worth noting that once heated the colours do change a little.


Here is the same flower at varying stages of heating.
If you flip them over they heat the other way to create tiny buds if you wish.
I did not use an iron I chose to use my heat gun because I have one of those 
in the cabin (ironing never gets done in there!)
I think possibly you have a more even curl if you use an iron.


They remind me of oriental flowers, not quite silk or paper, something in between.
I clustered them on a card front with Gossamer Knot die cut.
(Gossamer Knot back in stock here).


Interesting how the colour shrinks away from the edges so you have that white surround
for each petal.  Bound to be a baffling scientific reason for that!


I did try the leaves but they squished up very small when heated but I'm really
happy with the flowers.


Items used today with clickable links where possible: 
Foamiron (available Amazon and elsewhere)

Take care friends and wishing you a great start to the week.

11 comments:

hazel young said...

Beautiful card Christine, loving the product you used for the flowers x xhazel

CraftyCoffey said...

Lovely card today, the flowers look great.

Michele

nattyboots said...

Hi Christine
Thank you for the information Heat gun etc , i got my delivery of Foamiran on Friday but not had a chance to play with it yet ,maybe later .
Take care
Elaine H X

margaret driscoll said...

Hello Christine
I have seen this Foamiran but not yet bought any!
Love your use of it today on the lovely card!
Love Marg

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Gorgeous, now I.m going to look for this product.
Lydia
X

Margie said...

Beautiful card Christine and the flowers are gorgeous. I haven't tried Foamiron either but a bit nervous of burnt fingers. x

Chris said...

Hi Christine,
You are such a bad influence, I may have to buy some foamiran now. The flowers look gorgeous.
Chris xx

Teresa Doyle said...

I have never heard of his product. You card IS beautiful Christine. I never use high profile elements on a card unless I am hand delivering it however I do enjoy making flowers for small bouquets and I think these are really beautiful. I don't know about where you live but here where we live they don't like flowers brought to hospital anymore for patients. So I like to make small bouquets of paper flowers to bring to special loved ones who are ill.

Bejay said...

The best quality Foamiran can be bought from Anna Hersom at Craft Box. She imports directly from the factory in Iran. She also stocks the stamens, kits, dies and a great variety of colours :)
Bejay xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine and thank you Bejay for explaining it is foam Iran! I've heard various pronunciations. This is not something I've tried but the results are very effective on your card Christine. Best wishes Jackie x

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Christine, These flowers are beautiful, so very pretty, as is your card !!
I've watched Anna's demo's on Hochanda and she makes the most beautiful flowers with the Foamiran. I haven't bought any yet, but I did buy some Heartfelt Creations foam for flowers but haven't tried yet. Also Oysterstamps sell their own foamiran (think they call it something slightly different) and I saw someone demo them at Oysterstamps Craft Show last year, and they were really pretty.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...