Monday 28 September 2015

Majestic Oval by Carole

Hello everyone

Today featuring Angel Carole with her wonderful ideas using Majestic Oval.

Carole has chosen to create elegant table decorations,
a great idea and perfect for parties and Christmas.

Here she has created napkin ring, decorated jar, coaster and table confetti.


Carole is also sharing with us her thoughts on making her projects.

My project is with the Majestic Oval die set. I really enjoy decorating my Christmas table
and I thought this shape could be quite festive and made a welcome change
from the usual snowflakes (nothing wrong with a snowflake though).
So, as my design is very simple, I went for quantity instead!

As a newbie to paper crafting, I don't have a lot of supplies to tinker with yet
 (though my stash is growing quite nicely). My thoughts when I was chose for Elliott's Angels was that I would make do with what I had and use things from around the house and not buy something new every time. I'm also Mrs Minimal - I think two hearts on a card is a bit rash -
so the first die wasn't something I'd normally be attracted to as it's quite ornate.
But once I got going, I changed my mind. I loved it.

I had an old pickle jar in the garage and decorated that first.
I had the lovely pearlescent silver and grey papers left over from doing my friend's
 scrapbook for her new wedding boutique and I tend to like these colours better than the
traditional reds and greens for Christmas.


My house is a shrine to white. I put a tea light in the jar, but I might try to find some nice white glittery flowers for it for Christmas. I didn't have any silver or white ribbon,
 so I just cut a strip of paper to cover the neck, but I think I'll use ribbon for my
Christmas table. Same with the napkin rings.
They're just bound with a strip of paper and fixed with a dab of glue at the back,
but you could easily attach a ribbon. The flowers are Marisa's Bouquet which is one
of my favourites. You can do so much with it.
All I did to jazz them up was to emboss them and put a little crystal in the middle.


Then I got a bit carried away and thought it would make a nice cocktail coaster too,
so whipped one of those up as well.
But that's the way with crafting, one thing leads to another!
When I'd finished and had taken all my photos, I wished that I'd done it in orange and black for a classy Halloween dinner. I might do it yet.

Happy crafting! C : ) xx

Ingredients used:

Majestic Oval is available to purchase here.
Marisa's Bouquet is available to purchase here.
White and grey pearlescent card.
Gemstones


Thank you Carole and please check out Carole's blog here.



Back with more inspiration very soon.

14 comments:

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Hi All
Brilliant projects Thank you take care Kitty

hazel young said...

Lovely ideas x xhazel

nattyboots said...

Super, super, super, Carol i so love your projects and you have great ideas please keep them coming.
I think i need to look at my dies outside the box as i know i don't use them to their full potential .
Have a lovely day .
Elaine H X

utilitygirl said...

What a really great idea - brilliant.

Janice said...

Such a great idea Carole, I imagine your Christmas table will look lovely this year! It just goes to show how useful 'card dies' can be!
Janice x

Jean Z said...

Hi Elliott, love Carols ideas great inspiration . love Jean Z xx

Littlelamb said...

Lovely ideas here. Thank you.

lydia jordan said...

Hi Elliot,
Lovely projects.
Lydia
X

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

Wow...I never thought of using my dies like this. What a beautiful project!

Jeanette Butler said...

Stylish and elegant designs, Carole. Makes a fantastic table setting which could be used for many different occasions depending on the colours. Congratulations on your first submission to Elliott's Angels. Jeanette xx

PharmacyMichele said...

Lovely crafty makes, can see me trying some of these myself.

Michele

SusanP, Kent said...

Fabulous ideas for the table - the napkin ring and coaster are definitely things I could use.
I'd never have thought to create this kind of thing with dies. Must start thinking outside the box.
Good luck with your new status as an Elliott's Angel.

Maureen Killen said...

Hello Carol,
These are so lovely, and I love the idea for Halloween, then that takes us to St Patrick's Day with bright green and white, oh keep the ideas coming.
Maureen xxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful & elegant x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...