Thursday 9 April 2015

Sunny!

Hello friends

Definitely enjoying the Spring sunshine - I've been crafting in my cabin,
the door open and receiving regular visits from Bella.


I'm actually working on 5 projects at the moment, none finished but all good progress!
That does mean today I'm having to share an older project with you all...

A mini card featuring Nature's Window.
Very simple design but effective with double layering the die cut.

Nature's Window die is available on the website here or you can purchase
a kit to make this card along with a pretty Umbrella Trio card here
(bargain price of 99p!)

Questions answered...

Marg mentioned yesterday that her squidgy (tan embossing mat) is 
very static despite tumble dryer sheets and anti static wipes. 
I think the best solution here is to wash your tan mat and once fully dry 
rub with talcum powder.  

Mrs B asked about an update on charity monies raised,
I do not have exact figures to hand, each month I write the cheques,
pop them in the post but as a rough estimate it is in the region of £2,000
for Ronald McDonald House and over £5,000 for the Royal Marsden 
(my City firm paid a nice lump sum to them).
I am absolutely thrilled to be able to organise the kits and raise funds.
(The April Charity kit is one of the 5 projects in progress mentioned above!!)

Back to City work today - I did enjoy working in the City just one day last week,
it is a shame that we cannot have more Bank Holidays on a Friday!
My City office looks nothing like my cabin does it...


Take care friends - remember to stop by tomorrow, FDD.

18 comments:

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Hi All.
Thank you a lovely little project. Take care. Your City place reminds me of a bottle of water,quite cool. The cabin looks more inviting, have fun Kitty.

Janice said...

Morning Christine
This weather has been glorious, really pleased to get the washing on the line!
Lovely card today. It sounds as though you have been really busy, so hopefully you can go to work today for a rest! ��
Janice x

Chris said...

You're such a busy girl, and I bet Bella loves the freedom of coming and going while you are in the cabin with the door open. I work on Fridays too, it was nice having the extra day off last week.
Chris xx

PharmacyMichele said...

Great card today. Bella looks very happy sitting & no doubt watching you at work. I'd like more Bank Holidays throughout the year as I work fulltime for the NHS, although 4 days at Easter was wonderful.

Michele

Lucycat said...

Hi Christine,
Very pretty card today,you do sound very busy. Well done with your charity fund raising and I really look forward to your charity kits.
I hope you have a good day. Take care. x.

nattyboots said...

Wow Christine you are a busy bee { i don't know how you manage it }
Of course i much prefer your Cabin where you can open a door when it gets hot , i hope you have air conditioning in your office ? as it looks like it could get very hot.
Take Care
Elaine H X
PS
Well done on the Fund Raising, fantastic job done !

marg said...

Hello Christine!
Thanks for answering my question, I will try the tip today!
Modern Office Blocks don't look very inviting do they ! I worked in the Spectrum in Bristol, and then the Royal building when I retired, all for the same company I may add!
Not as nice as the little Cabin or so cosy!
Looking forward to FDD!
Just had newsletter from Carole she is doing so well!
Take care
LoveMarg

karenlotty said...

Busy busy! Love the cabin and Bella looks very much at home Love the card Must get off to work now but will definitely be looking at the bargains later

Wendy L said...

Well done on all money raised so far.
A lovely card today too, xxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
A very pretty card.
You must be thrilled with the money raised, well done.
Lydia
X

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
A very pretty card.
You must be thrilled with the money raised, well done.
Lydia
X

Unknown said...

What a contrast in working environments Christine - you don't have any time to get fed up that way, but I bet when you are in the city, you are wanting to be in the cabin!

Stamping Bubbles said...

Good morning Christine
Thaw weather here is glorious too and I am able to enjoy it as I am off work for the Easter hols. Feeling very blessed. My front garden is looking amazing due to lots of hard work from my hubby plus a little from myself. Now we need to turn our attention to the back garden!
Congratulations on the amount of money you have raised for your charities. I am sure they are very appreciative of your hard work.
Lovely card today.
Enjoy your day in the city.
Lesley

hazel young said...

Lovely card Christine, hope you manage to catch some rays today despite being in the office xx hazel

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Christine, Bella looks quite intrigued at what you are doing here haha.
A lovely card, loving the opening die-cut.
So glad you enjoyed having an extra day off for the Bank Holiday. My hubby would emphatically disagree with having 'more' holidays as he doesn't get paid when the office is closed, and would prefer 'less' Bank Holidays. Before I retired, I was always happy for Bank Hols and he was always annoyed haha, but I have to admit that a full week's pay is better.
I hope your day goes well, I managed to get all my bedding dried on the line, and all now ironed. I love the sunshine.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

SusanP, Kent said...

I enjoyed making up the cards in this kit, but I don't think I'd be able to get my head around 5 projects at once!

JJ said...

Looks a big city block you work in Christine. lovely piccie of Bella in the cabin.

Love & hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

LoraineC said...

Wow that's an impressive building that you work in but I much prefer your cabin!! Looking forward to tha charity kit, money raised for such a good cause. X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...