Friday 25 July 2014

Friday Die Day

Hello friends

I am excited to bring you this Friday Die Day ...because I love it!
This is 'Just Because' - a stamp and die set combined!
 It is a six piece floral die set with ten stamps that include floral images and sentiments
It is from the new Spellbinders® Celebra'tions line.

The dies measure:
Flower 1 Centre – ⅜”
Flower 1 – 1⅜ x 1¼”
Flower 2 Centre – ½”
Flower 2 – 1⅞ x 1⅝”
Flower 3 Centre – ⅝”
Flower 3 – 2¼ x 2”
The return of the tag!
I've selected the largest flower stamp and randomly stamped onto the tag using
Cool Caribbean Celebra'tions ink pad.
(My first experience of using these ink pads and they stamp wonderfully,
it is a mixture of blending dye and pigment ink and can be used on paper, fabric, wood,
acrylic - just heat set on non-paper materials to become permanent).
 I've also selected Sea Spray and Delightful Daisy to create further flowers and their centres.
The flower dies match perfectly over the stamped images.
This is how they look cut/embossed.
I then layered up the flowers with small 3D Foam Squares on top of the stamped flower images.
I stamped Happy Birthday (one of the useful sentiment stamps included in this set)
 onto white card and tied around some of the Celebra'tions Linen Thread.
I'm totally hooked on these now...beware you could see them often!
This 'Just Because' stamp die set is available on the website here.
There is also the very lovely 'Sweet Treats' (a definite future FDD).

Tomorrow is Knit and Natter in the shop - as mentioned slightly different
in that we are asking for a £2.50 contribution, this ensures plenty of cake, tea/coffee
and the two chosen charities receive a larger proportion.
It would be lovely to see you if you are in Gravesend,
remember you don't need to knit, just come along for the natter!

Take care friends - have a wonderful weekend.

27 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Christine, that is a lovely die & stamp set, and I love the colours you have used on your tag. Enjoy your kit and natter tomorrow, wish I could pop in.
Chris xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Christine, This stamp and die set is really lovely as your finished tag shows. I hadn't realised the Spellbinders do ink pads, I will have to look at those.
I love the Sweet Treats die and stamp set too, looking forward to seeing your 'make up' with these too.
Enjoy your knit and natter tomorrow, I too wish I could pop in.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Laura O said...

lovely idea with the stamped cut out flower on top of the stamped flower on the background .Laura O

hazel young said...

Great die and stamp set. Love the tag. Have a great day xx hazel

Val Jones said...

Hi Christine. WOW, I¡m in love with this die and stamp set. Itlooks so good on the tag you've made.
Have a great time tomorrow.
Love Val in Spain x

nattyboots said...

Hi Christine,
Loving Friday DD its lovely to see how the dies turn out on paper ,your tag is lovely as always,
I must say those Cakes look inviting for your K&N have a lovely day Tomorrow .
Elaine H X

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
A great finished tag, the die and stamp sets look very interesting as do the ink pads.
Enjoy your knit and natter day, I'm sure the cakes will be appreciated.
Lydia
X

Jean Z said...

Hi Christine, Love the stamps and dies and I would love to pop in your shop tomorrow if I lived nearer . love Jean Z xx

Lucycat said...

Hi Christine ,
Another great FDD,love the tag you have done,the die and stamp set looks really good too.
Have a good day . Take care. x.

marg said...

Hello Christine
I logged on, and it was so strange ! I ordered these Dies, and they should arrive today! Now I know what to do with them..thank you!
Celebrations seem to be a good set for my stash.
Have a good day at the shop !
Take Care
Love Marg

CraftyJo said...

Love your tag - it's so good to see these dies actually 'used', thanks.

EmmaT said...

Morning Christine, Gorgeous tag and die/stamp set, i think matching sets help get even more use out of dies. Enjoy the knit and natter and have a wonderful weekend. Emma x

Mrs B said...

Hi Christine. Thanks for showing these sets, and also the ink pads. I have heard about them but it is always good to hear how they work from someone that you trust. The Tag is beautiful, I love the colours, so clean and fresh : ) The cakes look yummy, I hope you all have a great time tomorrow's Knit and Natter. I wish I could get to your shop, maybe one day: ) Have a good day. Take care.

LoraineC said...

Great to see how the stamps and dies work together. Wish I lived closer too I can't knit but I like a natter and love cake! X

Sandra said...

Good Morning Christine,
Oh I do love a tag! Don't those flowers look gorgeous when they are stamped, cut and embossed, it brings them to life!
I love the font on that set too, that "happy birthday" looks lovely, almost Art Deco in style?!
I too wish I could pop along to knit and batter with you all, those cakes look divine! Fancy a road trip Mrs B !
Enjoy yourselves lucky ladies!
Wishing you all a lovely weekend ladies
Crafty hugs
Sandra xxxx

Lacelady said...

Like the dies Christine, but the stamps are a bit boring, you could use coloured paper for the dies, and they wouldn't look much different.

On the other hand, those stamp pads are brilliant if they will work on fabric too!

Carolyn H said...

What a superb FDD today Christine. Love the stamp and die set used and your lovely, fresh summery tag.
Looking forward to Sweet Treat FDD!
Have a wonderful Knit and natter tomorrow oh how I wish I could just pop in and join you,those cakes look real yummy. Love Carolyn

Stamping Bubbles said...

Hi Christine
What a clever little die and stamp set. The font of the sentiments is lovely.
Enjoy your knit and natter tomorrow - how I wish I lived closer to your gorgeous little shop.
Lesley

Janice said...

Afternoon Christine, a lovely die and stamp set. I could see plenty of usage out of these. Have a good day tomorrow. Janice xx

Carole Z said...

HI Christine, what a lovely set and I love the colours you've used on your lovely tag - enjoy your knit and natter tomorrow, hugs Carole Z X

Carole Z said...

HI Christine, what a lovely set and I love the colours you've used on your lovely tag - enjoy your knit and natter tomorrow, hugs Carole Z X

SusanP, Kent said...

What a lovely idea - a first for Spellbinders I think. The stamps and dies could be used independently as well. Useful simple sentiments too. Enjoy your knit and natter day.

Janice said...

Pretty tag today Christine, love this new stamp and die set. Great FDD, thank you!
Just returned from 5 day break at Potters, Hopton on Sea with the family, so need to have a catch up on your blog later.
Enjoy your Knit & Natter tomorrow, hoping you have plenty of visitors.
Janice xx

Maggie said...

Hello Christine. Well done Spellbinders for this die and stamp set. It's a real must have and I must have it! xxMargaretxx

AnneRD said...

A useful die set Christine, and good to see the new ink pad in action. Anne x

Pat S Witney said...

Hi Christine
Liking the dies and stamps and nice to see them being used. I didn't know that Spellbinders did ink pads. We never seem to see them being used anywhere. Is this. New venture for them I wonder?.

Anonymous said...

Amazing tag ! Such a fab set. Hope the knit & knatter went well x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...