Tuesday 31 August 2010

Paris!

Bonjour!  I spent my Bank Holiday in Paris.. or perhaps more accurately sitting on a coach for hours on standby at Calais dock!  It wasn't so bad as it sounds but I would advise that if you do Paris - go Eurostar - far quicker and zero stress. 

But Paris was wonderful and I was a proper tourist zipping around the Eiffel Tower, a stroll through the Les Tuileries, the spectacular gardens in Paris in between the Louvre museum and the Champs Elysees and then stumbled across a wonderful English book shop in the heart of the Latin Quarter. I could have spent days in there - there was even a little area where you can use their typewriter - it was so quaint and charming.  Back home now and washing machine is on overtime!! Au revoir :-)

2 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, I love Paris - used to live there for a while but I didn't have much time to do the touristy things. Sigh, lots of memories, there.

Unknown said...

So green with envey here I would love a trip to Paris glad you had a super time and I loved hearing and seeing your fun time

Love Dawn xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...